Friday, November 22, 2013

October Fun

Adam's arrival made the whole month of October feel a bit like vacation.  Between the fun I had with Isaac the first week of October before Adam came and all the help I had after Adam's arrival, I got to sit back and relax quite a bit.  The vacation feeling was only enhanced by the fact that I get more sleep with a newborn than I do during the last month of my pregnancy (I got pregnancy insomnia bad), so I was feeling significantly less sleep deprived!  

My mom came down to help us for the first week and a half after Adam was born.  She got in the Sunday night before I went in the hospital and stayed through the next Wednesday.  She brought down a jogging stroller she had bought so that she could take Isaac running with her every morning.  He was in LOVE!  They went on lots and lots of walks and runs during my mom's time here.  Isaac loved the chance to get out of the house and just spend time outdoors since it had finally cooled down.

I loved having my mom here to help Isaac feel special and to help me adjust to dividing my time between two cute boys!

Isaac and my mom at the hospital.  Isn't my mom gorgeous? 
One of the many cute shots my mom got while she was here.


My mom reading to Isaac.



Isaac showing Adam how awesome Grandma's tablet is.

One day after a ton of rain my mom took Isaac out to play in the puddles.  She scored major points in his book for letting him do that!


Bear-bear got a little bath (and then a major bath in the washer).

Isaac got hold of the peanut butter jar while we were making no-bake cookies.

My mom made Isaac's costume while she was down here!

After my mom left, Andy started his two weeks of paternity leave.  We loved having him home so much!


Andy always wraps himself up in a blanket in the morning so Isaac wanted to be just like dad!  It brought back lots of memories from when my sister Stephanie and I dressed my brother up.
At the ward trunk-or-treat
 Lately Isaac has been obsessed with our shoes (and his own).  One Sunday I captured some of the many shoes he likes to wear.
Andy's dress shoes.

My high heels (we had serious problems taking these away from him!)

My boots
 After a long day shopping for some new clothes we stopped by In-n-Out for a quick lunch.  Isaac was a big fan of his first cheeseburger!


On one of Andy's last days of leave we finally made it up to a little pumpkin farm in Richardson.  We had a lot of fun until we went on the hay ride.  I thought Isaac would love it, but it traumatized him a little.




We had planned to wait until we were in a house to get a double stroller, but it quickly became apparent that if I was going to be able to go on walks we needed one ASAP.  We had it up in the apartment after setting it up, and Isaac had lots of fun playing with it.

Andy's first day back at work was Halloween.  Luckily it was a short day since he came home early to take Isaac trick or treating.
Adam and I while Andy and Isaac were out.

This is really blurry, but you can still see the joy on Isaac's face from the fun he was having.

Isaac with some of the friends they went with.

Me with my two boys at the end of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment