Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Adam's at 1 Month

Adam survived his first month of life!  I would even venture to say that he's enjoyed it.  I know the rest of us have enjoyed having him here.  This month has definitely been a little bit of a learning curve as I've figured out how to juggle taking care of two kids.  

One of the highlights of this month has been watching Adam and Isaac bond as brothers.  Isaac has been so sweet with Adam, and Adam seems to enjoy the attention from Isaac.

I love this picture my mom got of Adam!  He spent most of his first few weeks sleeping and would curl up on his side if he wasn't swaddled up.

Adam's first bath!
A little about Adam right now:
  • He is a growing boy!  At his 2 week check up he was 10 lbs. even.  When I weighed him at one month (using the oh-so-accurate method of weighing myself holding him and then alone) he was just over 12 lbs.  Considering that all he does is sleep and eat I'm not surprised that he's packing on the weight.
  • Adam loves to sleep!  I spend more time trying to get him to stay awake than I do trying to get him to sleep.  Most of the time I can just swaddle him and lay him in a corner of the couch and he'll fall asleep without any other assistance before I move him to his crib.  I can't tell you what a blessing this has been!
  • When Adam is awake, he's generally a pretty happy guy (as long as he's been fed and isn't too tired). 
  • He's started to smile and coo.  I love it when I get one of his still rare smiles!  I'm so excited to see them more as he gets older!


1 comment:

  1. Yeah -- I was just looking at your blog the other day and now it's all up to date -- good job!

    ReplyDelete