Thursday, December 12, 2013

Adam's 2 Months Old!

My how time flies!  On Monday we took Adam in for his 2 month check-up.  The stats proved what we already knew--this boy is a growing machine!

Height: 24"
Weight: 13 lb. 8 oz.
Head: 15 1/2"

Other than the good news that he's growing, this was kind of a sad visit.  None of the bad news was really news to us, but Adam has very sensitive skin (cradle cap galore and his neck, knee, and elbow creases are slightly reddish and raw looking), his neck isn't quite as strong as it should be (whoops, time to do tummy time!), and he had a blocked tear duct (it's cleared up now though).  If that's the worst news I've ever had at a check-up though, I'm doing pretty good.  This poor boy also had to get 4 shots and an oral vaccination.  He was not a fan of any of it!

We've had a lot of fun with this little guy this last month!  He's learned to smile and coo, so we've all become a lot more interested in him.  I love watching how he'll follow Isaac or Andy with his eyes if they walk past.  This boy loves his brother and dad (and me of course)!

For the most part Adam is still a really easy going baby.  He takes good naps and sleeps fairly well most nights.  Right now we're so grateful that we're able to put him down without it taking forever.  Every time I put him in his crib and leave the room while he's still awake I want to do a little happy dance just out of sheer joy that he doesn't scream every time he's put down.

Right before Thanksgiving we moved him up to 3-6 month clothes.  I was so excited  to pull out this size of clothes because some of my favorite outfits are in this size.  We started putting him in cloth diapers the Monday after Thanksgiving weekend.  I don't know why, but I was so scared to have two kids in cloth diapers.  It really wasn't anything to be afraid of and it makes our lives somewhat easier actually since we don't have any additional laundry and now we don't have to take out diaper trash as often!

We got Isaac a slide for his birthday and set it up while he was taking a nap.  Before he woke up, we let Adam go down it.


Check out those thighs!  Seriously, I wish I could have rolls on my thighs and have it be that cute!

Proof that I spend more time trying to keep this boy awake.  This was taken just 30 minutes after he woke up from a nap.

Getting ready to cheer on his Cougars!  You've got to start 'em young!

No comments:

Post a Comment