Some highlights from the month:
- My mom cleaned out her cook books and let him tear pages out of one of them that she didn't want anymore. Isaac was in HEAVEN!
- Isaac learned how to honk people's noses
At 7 months Isaac:
- can crawl! He prefers not to crawl properly though and instead scoots around doing a modified army crawl... which leads to him getting one arm stuck under his body. I keep trying to tell him how efficient real crawling is, but he doesn't believe me most of the time. I think I'll slowly win him over though
- gives high fives!
- loves to go outside and is getting over his fear of the grass. We practice our sweet Mission Impossible skills when we go outside though. The kid's got talent!
- really really loves his swing outside. As soon as we get close to it he starts doing his excited breathing.
- has decided that rather than laugh, he'll breathe really heavily when he gets excited. We were all wondering where he got that from until we realized that my family is mostly silent laughers.
- enjoys eating solids... unless there is anything more interesting going on. It's gotten better since his high chair came though. He really enjoys rice cereal, oatmeal, bananas, and sweet potatoes. He tolerated pears, and hated peas (like... cried as soon as he tasted them hates peas). He's also eating cheerios and other big people food now. He kind of liked green beans when I cut some of mine up and fed them to him last night. I'm excited for him to not need purees so I can just chunk up what we're eating for dinner and give it to him!
- Can pull himself into a stand... and stay standing for awhile.
- Started waving today!
|Isaac decided to clean the oven!|
As an update for any interested parties... we're still loving cloth diapers! The hardest part is just remembering to start a load of diapers every other day. Other than that, they're really no harder than disposable diapers. We're still stain free on all our diapers too! As an added bonus... we've never had a blow out when wearing a cloth diaper! Yay for no poopy clothes!