Friday, November 22, 2013

One Last Week

The most beautiful part of having a scheduled induction for me was knowing when the baby would be born so I could plan one last fun week with Isaac before Adam came.  I tried to plan fun activities to keep us busy every day and finish up all those last errands before Adam joined us.

Monday

Monday morning Isaac and I headed up to Ikea for what was supposed to be a fairly quick trip.  I just needed to exchange some picture frames and knew that I had to do it before the baby came if it was going to get done.  Instead, we ended up being there for a couple of hours and eating lunch there.

Sharing a plate of chicken fingers and fries.

In the fun chair we ended up getting.  We were hoping that if Isaac had his own special chair he would be less likely to sit in the baby bouncer.  Yeah, that idea totally failed.

The picture wall we put up (finally).  Our last box is finally unpacked (a year and a half after we moved here).

Tuesday

On Tuesday we went down to the Dallas Museum of Art to take advantage of their fun First Tuesday program.  This one was all about the senses, so they had a table full of scented play-doh.  We ended up spending the entire time we were there playing with the play-doh.  Isaac was just so happy I couldn't pull him away!

Wednesday

Wednesday night we went to the state fair.  I got a few crazy looks for being there so close to my due date, but I was totally up for a night of walking in hopes that I'd go into labor on my own!  Next year we're going to make a full day (or at least a half day) of it and pack our own meals so we can just spend money on the fun fried foods.

They had fun little pumpkins for the kids to color in one area!

The highlight of the night for Isaac was watching the parade at the end of the day!



Thursday

Thursday started off with our normal trip to the library.  I kind of overdid it on Thursday though because we went straight from the library to Target to return a few things and then got home just in time to force Isaac to eat some lunch before rushing him over to my friend Emily's house so he could take a nap while I went to my last doctor's appointment.


Saturday

Saturday was the start of General Conference, but we decided to wait until later to watch the Saturday morning session and instead go to the fall festival put on by Andy's work.  Isaac had a blast!  They had a bouncy house, craft station, and balloon man that were perfect for kids his age (check out the sweet hat he got)!  They also had 10-12 tables set up with food from all over the world.  It was fun to sample some different things.

Sunday

On Sunday we headed up to Andy's sister Lindsay's house to watch General Conference with her family and celebrate Abby's birthday.  For the afternoon session she set up a fun candy bar with all different candies and tags for different words to listen for.  Isaac was in heaven with all that sugar!  The funniest part was that Lindsay made the word "priesthood" a freebie word where you could pick any candy you wanted... and then there was at least one talk about the priesthood.  By the end of that talk we were all a little tired of the candy and needed a break.

All in all, the week was a fun way to spend some one-on-one time with Isaac before I had to split my attention between him and Adam.  I think planning a special date with each of my kids separately before a baby is born is definitely something I'm going to try to make a tradition.  

No comments:

Post a Comment