Monday, November 11, 2013

Isaac is 2!

I don't know how this happened!  I swear it was just the other day that he turned one.  This last year has been a busy, fun one.  Isaac has grown so much (both physically and mentally) in this last year.

We kept his birthday a lot more low-key than last year's.  My parents and Sarah came down from Kansas to celebrate with us (and meet Adam).  We had fun going to Central Market on Saturday morning and then during Isaac's nap Sarah, my mom, and I went downtown to the Central library so Sarah could check-out a few books for an English paper.

After Isaac's nap we went to a local park for cake and ice cream with a few friends.  We love living in Dallas where it's warm enough in November to celebrate outside!

Helping Aunt Sarah get ready in the morning

Playing with Ben...and the broken tennis racket he found at the park.

Blowing out the candles on his dinosaur cake!



Opening presents at home.

His new drill set from my parents.

Super Isaac! Thanks Grandma Brasher!

Isaac's new slide!
Isaac is at such a fun age right now!  Some highlights of Isaac being two (so far):

  • He's starting to talk like crazy!  We can't always understand what he's saying, but we can understand about 75% of what he says.  He'll try copying most of the words he hears (which is both good and bad).  It's so nice to be able to communicate more with him.
  • Isaac LOVES dinosaurs, trucks, and the Laurie Berkner Band.  He gets so excited about watching the different trucks when we're driving and I can entertain him for about an hour watching music videos on YouTube.
  • Isaac can jump!  He's just started to get both feet off the ground at the same time.  It's so cute to watch his little hop.
  • Right now his absolute favorite food is the 12 grain crackers from Trader Joe's.  He could probably eat an entire box in one sitting if I let him.
  • Isaac has suddenly fallen in love with two of his stuffed animals, doggie and bear-bear.  He takes them to bed with him (and that's what's made it possible for him to start falling asleep on his own in his crib) and carries them around during the day.  He'll give them hugs and kisses and try to feed them during the day.
  • At his two year check-up Isaac was 27 lbs. and 34" tall.  When he got his shots he surprised the nurse with how brave he was!  Other than a little shout after the second one he didn't react at all!  It helps that the nurse is super fast with the shots (the most important thing at a doctor's office in my opinion).
  • Isaac is such a good big brother.  He loves Adam so much!  Whenever Adam is crying he starts singing "I Am a Child of God" to him.  He loves to hold him or help burp him.  I love watching the two of them and thinking about how fun it will be when Adam is old enough to play with Isaac.
I am so in love with this little man!  He keeps me entertained and on my toes during the day.  I wouldn't trade anything in the world for his cute personality and the opportunity I have to be at home with him all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment