Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving and Isaac's Blessing

First off, Isaac is 4 weeks old today!  And he'll be a month old on Saturday!  I can believe how quickly my little guy is growing up!  I seriously cannot believe he's been a part of our family for 4 weeks already.  If time could slow down a little I'd appreciate it (especially if it could slow down during his naps so I could actually have a chance at getting things done during the day).

Thanksgiving was so much fun!  Late Wednesday night my dad and two of my sisters rolled into Provo to join my mom, Andy, and I out here for Thanksgiving.  They immediately wanted to meet Isaac who was more than happy to oblige (even though he was sleeping).  There was lots of cooing and awe-ing, but no pictures since we were all either in pajamas or traveling clothes.

The next day we gave Isaac his first real bath before going up to my Grandma and Grandpa Jensen's in Bountiful for Thanksgiving dinner.  At first he wasn't so sure about the whole sitting it a tub of water thing, but I then he decided it was way better than a sponge bath.  He especially liked the part where we blow dried his hair after he was done and dressed. 

Right after getting in the water.

After he's resigned himself to being cleaned all over.


Once he was clean we headed up to Bountiful.  It was a lot of fun because my Aunt Debbie, Uncle Dave and most of their kids were there and so was my Aunt Sally and Uncle Brian and their kids.  I especially loved getting to see my cousin Kayleen's cute baby!  It was a little scary to see what Isaac might look like in a month though!  We ate lots of good food and played some fun games, but mostly we sat around and visited.  That's what family gatherings are for, right?

My dad and Isaac after his bath

My sister Sarah and Isaac

My dad and Isaac in the cute onesie we got Isaac when we went shopping on Friday.


 That Sunday we were joined by both Andy's and my family to bless Isaac.  He was such a good baby and didn't cry at all even though he was wide awake and staring at Andy the whole time!  After the blessing, we all went up to my Grandma Gale's for lunch.  Isaac got passed around to those who hadn't had the chance to meet him yet and lots more cooing and awe-ing occurred. 

My parents, my dad's parents, Andy, Isaac, and I after the blessing

My sister Allie with Isaac

My Grandma Gale holding a sleeping Isaac.  This is quite possibly one of my favorite pictures!

Isaac in his cute little blessing suit.


Sunday night my parents and sisters headed back to Kansas and Andy, Isaac, and I headed back to Provo.  It's been a lonely week without anyone here to keep me company, but Isaac and I have been keeping each other busy.  Poor little guy must have picked up a bug or something because he's been so congested the last couple days!  I ended up holding him for 2 hours yesterday afternoon so he could get some sleep.  Good thing I have my Nook and I was able to read while I held him!

Oh... and here's one last shot of Isaac on the quilt my sister Allie made him.  Didn't she do an awesome job?



2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how, but I didn't know about this blog!! Yay for blogs and cute pictures! Isaac is adorable Becca!! I wish I was there to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute Becca!! I am so happy for you guys! I am glad I saw this post on facebook, now I am going to start following your blog!

    ReplyDelete