Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Last Few Weeks

I'm such a lucky girl!  For just over a week now, my mom's been here to help me with Isaac!  Apparently she couldn't wait until Thanksgiving to see the world's cutest baby.  I can't blame her, I don't think I could wait 3 weeks to see this cuteness.

Seriously... isn't he adorable?

We've been having lots of fun with Grandma Jensen.  She enjoys dancing with Isaac, bouncing Isaac, and all sorts of things that result in him calming down.  A lot of the day looks something like this...


Sometimes though, all Isaac wants to do is curl up with his mommy.  The other night we were having mommy/son nap time (which really needs to happen way more than it does) and he wrapped both arms around my hand to make sure I kept that binky in his mouth.  It was pretty cute.

No, I don't blow dry my hair in the living room.  It turns out hair dryers are magical baby quieting devices.  You turn them on and they stop crying instantly.
Isaac has also been learning some new things the last couple weeks.  He's starting to smile at us (although we have yet to actually capture it on camera) and he makes the cutest faces.  Yesterday we caught him doing this...





Yes, my mom is holding his hands in this picture, but he was doing it on his own for awhile before we were able to get a good picture.

On Friday we took him in for his 2 week check-up (and to get circumcised).  He weighed in at 10 lbs and 3.5 oz and was 22 3/4" long.  At least I don't have to worry that he's not getting enough food even though he usually doesn't nurse for very long!  While we were there Dr. Grandpa Brasher also pulled off Isaac's cord.  We all laughed a little because we've been so careful not to tug on it at all and he just twisted it right off.  It's been such a relief to have it gone though!

Now that his cord is gone we've started having tummy time for a few minutes each day.  Last night when we put him on his stomach he tucked his arms in and held his head up for over a minute (long enough at least for both Andy and my mom to get their cameras and get pictures).  




Now we're just getting excited for tomorrow when my dad and sisters get into town so we can have even more with Isaac!  We're also excited for Sunday when Andy gets to bless our little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment