Saturday, December 17, 2011

6 Weeks

This last week has been a very busy one for the Brasher family.  Andy had finals this week which means that I had lots and lots of time alone with Isaac.  Luckily though, we're done with finals now and on to enjoying Christmas break!  Despite finals, we had a pretty awesome week.  Why you might ask?

Well...

  1. I had my 6 week check up on Tuesday.  This may not seem like a fun thing, but I had been looking forward to it.  I loved Jen Krebs, the midwife who helped me through the majority of my labor, and she's the one who I scheduled my check up with.  I'm sad that I don't have a good reason to go back to the office and see her anymore... which is saying a lot in my opinion.  Everything was looking good at the check up.  My iron levels are back up to normal (Although the finger prick they did to find this out hurt like heck!  I would much rather do a blood draw than a finger prick!) and my body is well on its way to being completely healed.  The best news though, is that I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight!  Now I just need to start working out so I can get some muscle back.
  2. Don't ask why it took me this long, but this week I realized that Isaac doesn't need to be held the entire time he's awake.  I can put him in his bouncer!  Now I can actually eat on a regular basis and get things cleaned around the apartment.  
  3. We started using our cloth diapers this week!  Isaac looks so stinkin' cute in them!  Right now we're only using them during the day, but once we're more comfortable using them we'll start using them at night too.  They really aren't much bulkier than a dirty diaper in my opinion, but they do sit up higher on the waist since they're one-size diapers that will grow with him.
  4. Since we made the switch to cloth diapers, Isaac has officially moved up to 3-6 month clothes.  Even if we hadn't put him in cloth diapers he would've been moving up a size soon anyways.  I'm actually really excited because most of our really cute clothes were in that size so now he can wear some of them! 
  5. Isaac started laughing this week!  It's so cute!!  I love it.  He's also a babbling machine.  We have lots of little conversations throughout the day. 

Anyways... here's some pictures of him and a video of him last night when he was having a conversation with me.  I think he's pretty cute in it.

Isaac in a cloth diaper.  He's pretty happy about having semi-naked time and being in his favorite place.

Isaac in one of the 3-6 onesies.  They're a little big, but I think they look cute on him.

2 comments:

  1. #2- made me laugh
    and
    #3- that is awesome! my sisters have done a mix of both and when i have little babes i imagine i will experiment with this as well. i will be asking you questions in like, a couple years. :)

    ReplyDelete