Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mama's Little Helper!

Lately Isaac's been my little helper!  Lately he's become really interested in whatever I do and has wanted to do the same thing.  It's been so cute watching him help me with the things we do every day.

Helping me sweep.
 Isaac LOVES the broom!  If I want to actually get any sweeping done I have to do it when he's asleep.  Otherwise we spend 30 minutes walking in circles.
The other day while I was folding laundry Isaac started putting Andy's socks in the basket and wiping the  sticker at the bottom of the hamper with one.

Cleaning the windows.

Helping me dust the TV stand.  Isaac really likes these bright microfiber cloths I got to clean with.  If there's one on the floor he'll grab it and start wiping the walls, the door, or whatever's close by.  It's so cute!

Isaac checking things off the to-do list.
This may have been my proudest moment.  Every morning after breakfast  while Isaac's still in his high chair I write out my to-do list for the day on our white board.  The other day Isaac reached out for the marker and board and when I handed it to him, he started drawing all over. With that concentrated look on his face I like to think he's making his first to-do list.

Needless to say I didn't make my own list that day because I couldn't erase it until Andy had seen it.
I love watching this little guy figure out the world around him and I LOVE that he wants to be my little helper!  I just hope I can remember to encourage him to keep wanting to help as he grows up and not make him feel like he's in the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment