Thursday, September 13, 2012

10 Months

Okay, so I seriously cannot believe it's already September!  It's still nice and warm here in Texas and since neither of us are in school anymore, we don't have that to remind us that it's practically fall.  Instead I just blissfully pretend that it's still the middle of summer and winter isn't ever going to happen!

Part of the reason I can't believe it's September is that I can't believe that my baby is 10 months old!  I mean seriously... who gave him permission to grow up?!  Luckily, Isaac is okay with being my little pal (and snuggling).  And he's hilarious!

At 10 months Isaac:
  • Has 2 bottom teeth that are all the way through and 2 top teeth that are pushing through.  The bottom teeth were awful when they were coming in, but the top ones sneaked up on us.  As in, he was sleeping on my lap at church and I got a rare peek at his top gum and noticed a tooth starting to poke out!  That was the first I knew of any teething going on in our family!
  • Is HILARIOUS!  Just about anything can make him giggle.  When he's tired he'll get this look in his eye and then come up and start blowing raspberries on me.  Andy and I laugh so much at/with this little guy.
  • Still is obsessed with my hair.  I need to get a picture of this one, because it is a defining thing about him.  When he's starting to get tired or if something's just not right in his world, all he wants is to cuddle with mommy and play with her hair.  I can't even keep it up in buns because if he'll pull them out so he can play with it.  I'm hoping he doesn't grow out of this phase. I just have this vision of him coming home from school as a teenager and stroking my hair while he tells me about his day.
  • Still gets hiccups when he laughs too hard.  It's hilarious... and we may or may not do it to him intentionally sometimes.  Oh how I hope this sticks around for awhile.  I think it would be hilarious if he was 5 or 6 and still got hiccups when he laughed too much!  At least the hiccups don't make him cry anymore like they did when he was a newborn.
  • Enjoys eating just about anything.  He loves grapes, applesauce, and pickles though!  Actually I think the pickles are a mixed thing... he's not so sure about them, but they're just so INTERESTING!  I still can't eat apples when he's awake unless I want to share.  He also really likes homemade yogurt.
  • Can stand on his own... and is so close to walking!
  • Loves to be outside... especially if we're at the pool!  He can swim FOREVER!  Especially if I take him over to the little waterfall in our pool.  He loves to put his hands in the water.
  • Lunges headfirst to get down from our arms (or the couch).  This requires Superman-esque reflexes on our part to keep him from dying on a daily basis.
Isaac LOVES playing in the cabinets!  It's led to a few bumps on the head, but he still loves getting into them. I've tried to move most of the breakables.

Isaac's two bottom teeth!

Isaac likes "forts"... aka, when I drape a blanket over both of us.  He thinks it's hilarious!

Isaac's curls!

We got Isaac this little walker and it's his favorite thing!  He loves zooming around the apartment with it!  His favorite thing though is the little piano on the front.

Getting into dad's backpack.  Isaac's figured out  how to open the zippered compartments.

Despite having plenty of toys, Isaac's favorite toys are random objects... like this bowl and spoon that kept him busy FOREVER! 


On a walk to Central Market

We gave him a fig bar and he got it all over himself!

We got Isaac some new church clothes and I just about died with how cute he was!

Isaac's favorite way to fall asleep right now.  He'll lay down and play with my hair in the living room and once he's drowsy I'll take him into his crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment