Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Back to Kansas

Yep... we've already been back up to Kansas to visit.  Andy had training in Chicago for a week and I decided there was no way I was going to stay in Dallas by myself (I don't know how you awesome military wives do it!) and be in charge of Isaac 24/7.  Granted, when we made this decision Isaac was cutting his second tooth and adjusting to this new apartment/schedule, so he wasn't sleeping well and I wasn't sleeping well.  The thought of being alone for a week was overwhelming to say the least!

If we had lived farther away from family I would've made it work.  Since my parents are only 5 1/2 hours away now, I decided to go spend the week with them.  It was my sister Allie's last week at home before heading off to BYU (which I am suddenly missing so much it's not even funny), so I was extra glad to see her one last time before she headed off to enormous amounts of fun... I mean college.

I'm so glad we went because we had so much fun!  

One of the highlights was introducing Isaac to my parents new puppy Ginny (yes... as in Ginny from Harry Potter)

At first Isaac wasn't so sure about the furry beast...




But by the end of the week he was lunging for her!

Isaac had to learn what "soft" means.
Isaac also had fun exploring my parents house and neighborhood!




Isaac loved sitting in a swing by himself!  We wrapped my mom's jacket around him because it was a little chilly.

First trip down the slide!


Isaac LOVED getting into my mom's pantry and taking everything out!  He is one strong little dude too because some of those things are heavy!

Practicing his pedal work.


Isaac loved this little cart of my moms!  He could walk all over with it.



More than anything though, he LOVED spending time with his aunts and grandparents!


Isaac really enjoys being upside down!

Frozen yogurt popsicle with grandma

A careful inspection of the phone

Isaac LOVES Grandpa!  He was so excited every night when Grandpa got home from work! He would put one fist in the air so they could do a fist bump (we later realized that's how he points since he hasn't figure out the whole pointer finger thing).  He also loves helping Grandpa take a drink!

All in all, this was a great trip to Kansas!  I'm so excited to live closer to my family so we can see them more often!



No comments:

Post a Comment