Thursday, November 10, 2011

One Week!!

Not so little Isaac is officially one week old today!  I can't believe that he's been with us for that long, but at the same time I can't believe that he's only been with us for a week (maybe that's what happens when you only sleep 1-2 hours at a time).

We've been so blessed in the week since he was born though!  Our ward has been so generous with meals this last week!  We seriously don't have any space left in our fridge!  Andy and I had to come up with a plan of attack last night to finish off some of the leftovers so we can have a little bit of space again.

I've also been feeling incredibly blessed by my mother-in-law Susie's willingness to give up her days to come help me with Isaac.  It's been so nice to go take a shower and not have to worry about whether or not my baby is screaming outside.  She also forced me to go take naps (I'm not good at sleeping during the day).

Andy and I also got the exciting news on Tuesday that my mom has decided she cannot live 2 more weeks before seeing the cutest baby in the world and instead she's coming out on Tuesday (just 5 more days)!!  She asked if a week and a half was too long for her to be out here with us and Andy and I just looked at each other and said no immediately.  Since I was told not to plan on leaving the apartment before Thanksgiving, it will be such a blessing to have her here to keep me company during that last week.  Otherwise I would be going crazy by the time they got here!

Most of all though, both Isaac and I have been blessed with health.  I'm healing a lot faster than I would have thought possible given how awful I was feeling this time last week (and how worried about me everyone was).  I can get up and move around without pain and without feeling dizzy.

At one week, Isaac is a happy, healthy baby.  He has a pretty busy schedule every day.  He wakes up to eat about every 1 1/2 - 2 hours and if he's not being fed within about 30 seconds of waking up, things are not going to go well!  In between feedings, he doesn't waste calories on being awake.  Instead he goes straight to sleep (except at night when he spends about 30 minutes staring at you after a feeding).  My favorite parts of the day though are when he's deciding whether or not to wake up or stay asleep... he'll go back and forth for 5-10 minutes sometimes and the performance includes amazing arm movements!  Due to the lack of movement on his part, Isaac is developing the cutest chubby cheeks and neck fat rolls!  Andy is terrified that Isaac is going to be a fat baby, but I'm excited.  Hopefully he'll get chubby enough that he won't be able to start moving too soon (my brother didn't roll over until he was almost 6 months old because he was so fat!).

Anyways, now what everyone really cares about... some pictures of Isaac over the last week.

Isaac when he was 3 days old (notice how skinny his face looks)

In his bouncer right after we put him in (when we're smart and remember to strap him in)

In his bouncer about 30 minutes after being put in (when we forget to strap him in).  Don't ask me how on earth that's comfortable to him.

Isaac this morning.  Check out the double chin and neck rolls on that baby!!  They're not always quite so prominent, but he's definitely gotten a lot bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment