Friday, February 15, 2013

15 Months

This little boy is growing way too fast...literally!  I took him in for his 15 month check up and since his birthday he's grown 2 inches and gained 5 lbs!  It didn't surprise me because suddenly he is feeling very heavy when I hold him.  We're also suddenly finding that he needs a whole new wardrobe...again!  He's already outgrowing the shirts we got him for Christmas and we just got him new shoes, pants, church clothes, and pajamas.  This boy is going to eat us out of house and home!

Despite his suddenly turning into a toddler (over my very firm objections), we've been having a lot of fun with this little guy!  He was so cute as a baby, but now he's just fun.  I love getting to know him and I'm so grateful that I'm able to be home with him all day! I don't think I could stand to miss any of the fun he has.

Some highlights from this month:

After one too many days of the kitchen looking like this...

...we decided to finally baby proof the kitchen.  To make Isaac feel a little better about the situation I got him some pots and pans of his own.  He can still get my mixing bowls, but I'm so much happier now that he can't get every pot and pan out!


Isaac learned how to climb up onto things... he's been climbing onto my little grey chair, but he's never tried anything else until now.  Suddenly nothing is off limits! Luckily he hasn't really tried to pull the chairs out so he can climb up, so as long as we remember to keep all the chairs pushed in we're okay.




Isaac loves to play with Andy in the evening!  After dinner he's in heaven when he has time to chase Andy around (literally).





Isaac helped me apply to BYU and LDS Business College for my brother who's on a mission!  Just a few more weeks until we find out if he's been accepted!

We've had friends over to play a couple times this month:


21st Century Toddlers...talking to each other on the phone in the same room.
Other cute Isaac moments:








He's not asleep...sometimes he gets silly and likes to eat his cheerios without using his hands.
We've finally gotten him excited about being "puppy Isaac" so now we can get him out of the tub without tears.
The vacuum is seriously his favorite thing ever.  I have to get it out of the closet a good 20 minutes before I'm ready to vacuum so that he can play with it for awhile and finally be ready for me to take it.  It's a problem I'm willing to deal with.


One day out of the blue he decided that he'd like to try on Dad's jacket.  He LOVED walking around it in!  I love that he's old enough to have ideas like that!
I got Andy an umbrella since he takes the train in to work now.  I had to get him a smaller one because this was a little big.


At 15 months Isaac:
  • Can say: cheese (this is his word for all food), teeth, bath, mom mom, dada
  • Loves to brush his teeth
  • Loves to cuddle (thank goodness!)
  • Is down to one nap a day
  • Favorite foods: bananas, cheese (any kind), hummus
  • Hates getting his diaper changes...makes me want to potty train him! If I knew I could find underwear small enough I would probably look into it more.
  • Favorite books: little blue truck, jamberry, hungry caterpillar
  • Loves to move things from one container to another!  He can keep himself entertained for a long time doing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment