Sunday, December 16, 2012

One Year Older and Wiser Too!


One year ago, I met a really cute boy who totally stole my heart and took my breath away.  It was love at first sight!



Since that day, I've gotten to watch and help this little boy grow from an infant who spent most of his time sleeping (in somewhat awkward positions I might add)...







...to a baby who could move and interact somewhat with the world around him...














...to a bigger baby who could really move and interact with the world around him...







... and finally become the little boy who still takes my breath away and steals my heart every day.









Now that he's one:

  • Isaac is cruising!  Crawling is a thing of the past!  For those of you who are scared about your baby learning to walk, don't.  It's amazing.  I love it so much!  Isaac is so much happier now that he can get around better!
  • No more baby food (for the most part... We get those squeezable pouches for long car rides). Isaac is now eating what we eat!  His favorite food? Bananas...hands down.  We can't walk past the banana hanger without him reaching out for one (of course, that might be due to the utensil holder being right next to the bananas) 
  • When we go on walks, Isaac actually walks rather than being carried. Walks have become shorter in distance but longer in time because Isaac now needs to stomp on leaves and pick up acorns and sticks.
  • Suddenly Isaac is putting less stuff in his mouth!  Which is a relief because I was holding off on checking out too many library books until I could be reasonably certain that they wouldn't go in his mouth.
Watching General Conference... Isaac totally sacked out!

Andy got a little distracted.

Look Mom!  I can fit in a pan!

Isaac finally (and unfortunately) learned how to open the doors on our  entertainment center.  We've since put child locks on the doors.

The day I found out we needed a new place to store garbage bags.

At his friend Ellery's party.  He was in heaven watching  Kara take pictures!

One of the pictures Kara snapped! Check out her blog for more of her awesome photography! http://claytonandkara.blogspot.com/

Andy went to San Diego on business and on his last night away Isaac and I were just about on our last string with each other.  I gave him a bag of frozen corn because he touched the hot Crock-Pot and he decided that the frozen corn was way too interesting to stay in the bag.  And I was way too tired to stop him.

Isaac decided he wanted to go visit someone.

Isaac dead asleep on the way home from church.  This is what happens most days now that we're trying to avoid naps at church.

Sunday afternoon at the Brasher house.

This has definitely been a crazy, amazing year and I'm so excited to see him grow and develop in the next year!

1 comment: