Friday, February 3, 2012

3 Month/January Update

Life has been a little crazy this month.  Andy started his last semester of school (WOOHOO!!) and got a touch of senioritis.  He's definitely ready to be done with school... and I'm definitely ready for him to be done with school!  We're both excited that in just 2 1/2 months he graduates and we move to Kansas (as a temporary stop on our way to Dallas).

In January I went back to work... and then decided that it wasn't going to work out.  Today is my last day.  It's kind of weird to think that I'm officially a stay at home mom.  It didn't feel real while I was on maternity leave, but now it feels real.  I'm excited and terrified all at the same time for this new chapter in my life. 

Isaac has been a fun little guy during January.  In the last couple weeks he's developed what appears to be a long lasting relationship with the blue bear my Grandma Jensen got him.

It's gone from Isaac staring at the bear...

To Isaac eating the bear.


When he's not playing with his bear, Isaac loves to pump his fist and look like Superman.  This may be due in part to the large amount of time he spends flying over my head (and drooling into my mouth and eye... oh the glamor of being a mom).


Isaac has also become quite the drool monster.

Ignore me and check out that little string of drool coming out of his mouth.

This has resulted in me spending most of my day trying to keep him from strangling himself with his newest accessory... the bib.  We have developed quite the collection of bibs as a result.


This last Sunday we went up to the Brashers' to celebrate Andy's dad's birthday.  Despite having hardly any naps that weekend he was a pretty happy guy.  I thought this picture pretty much explains his view of life... "I'm not so sure about this"

Isaac with Grandma Brasher and his cousins Pierce and Tinley.

He really is a happy guy though!  Andy's dad was able to get him laughing for a good 10 minutes or so that night.  Isaac has quite the funny laugh right now.

All in all we've been having a great month and lots of fun with our little guy!  Every day he is growing so much.  We love seeing every day what new skill he's going to learn!


No comments:

Post a Comment